Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Twelve on Tuesday

1.  Pretty sure I am trying to get a cold....I would say I have one but let's not go there just yet.  

2.  Thus far I have really enjoyed our summer break...we have gotten into a bit of a routine in our days and it's going well.   The boys are playing far more video games than I would like but you know...

3.  Zachary would sit in front of a screen of some sort ALL.DAY.LONG.  

4.  Nolan is now closer to 2 than 1 and that's insane.  He is starting to talk so very much more and while he is STILL not.sleeping.thru.the.night he is better and napping consistently at least 1-2 hrs daily.  

5.   I am not sure how I missed getting pictures of the boys for their birthday but I did....I am slowly trying to get "caught" up with that.   Oops.  

6.  I have a handful of projects waiting on me to finish...or rather START them and I finally am feeling like I could actually do that.   I hate starting things I can't finish so consequently I haven't started a great many things.   Just going thru the motions of keeping up with the kids and the house and the dogs and the cats....and wash, rinse, repeat.

7.  We have had some serious rain lately....it certainly hasn't helped my grass situation or rather lack there of but it's nice to not have to remember to water my planters...which means I in fact have flowers still living in the planters!   Go rain and go me.

8.  I ventured into the attic yesterday and felt brave enough to cross the beams and grab the box I needed...I had Zachary with me for emotional support and stability.   I have a history of stepping thru the ceiling so I am basically afraid of the attic.   BUT I got the box and there are no holes in the attic floor.

9.  The box I needed was a box of random clothes I had kept from the boys toddler days...apparently I felt the need to keep all of the shoes they owned and should have never purchased a single pair for Nolan in size 6 because I am pretty sure he now has about 20 pairs of shoes, with the old combined with the new.

10.  Zachary and Jakeb are doing swim this week...seriously loving watching them in the pool.   We will get Gavin started up once he is feeling better!

11.   He has been a trooper...the pain meds they gave are straight up nasty so he refused to take them much past the 2nd day.  He's been relying on Tylenol and today and yesterday didn't have anything at all.  So he's feeling better for sure.  I know we are ready to get back up to speed.  

12.   So glad we have the surgery behind us and we are week into the recovery.  I am really hoping the tonsils being gone helps with his immune system this next school year....I am also wondering if those big golf balls being out of his throat will help with his speech some.  He still struggles with his "R's"

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed