Currently Nolan is sleeping, Zachary is at a friends, Jakeb and Gavin are upstairs playing, and I am sitting here eating corn dogs and drinking lemonade. Health food for the win! We are trying to avoid chick fila and much worse foods than oven cooked corn dogs so 2 corn dogs for lunch works for me...for now. I am learning that baby steps towards a goal are better than nothing. So for now convenience food at home is working better than trying to be all "I KNOW! Let's buy a bazillion fresh produce items and I am going to whip up a fancy salad and home made mac n cheese and fresh squeezed lemonade!" Because 2 weeks later when all of the food is rotted in my fridge and we have spent $75 on lunch at restaurants we really aren't getting anywhere now our we? So realistic baby steps....corn dogs at home...garbage pizza and chicken nuggets at home...are at least a little better than a fast food joint and are certainly cheaper. We also do PB&J (on wheat!) ham and cheese (on Hawaiian!) chicken salad (from the farmers market I certainly don't make it...and also on Hawaiian) lots of yogurt and our beloved smoothies. SO now that we have established that...you still won't find pop tarts and little debbie snacks here. And these are all beef corn dogs and darn good at that. My goal is to break the habit of eating out...get used to eating at home and then work on changing how we eat at home. One step at a time my friends.
We are leaving for vacation in a couple weeks and I seriously cannot wait. Cannot wait to be kicked back in a beach chair watching my babies romp in the water and roll in the sand. We all love, love the beach and can be there all.day.long.
Gavin has recovered amazingly well from his surgery and we are so glad to have that behind us. Can't believe we are nearly at July the summer is trucking right on by, crazy!
Have a fantastic weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment