1. Nolan is going on a little over an hour of sleeping in his crib--during the day--this is a first. However I should point out I have had to go in and put the paci back in his mouth three times, though all 3 times he nodded back off to sleep in seconds. Progress?
2. Tomorrow Nolan will be 3 months and I have brought all my "studio" equipment up in an attempt to capture "studio'ish" pictures of him to mark the occasion.
3. I am feeling the pressure to get these just right because Jakeb, Zachary, and Gavin all 3 had studio portraits done at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months...they are all hung in a row upstairs. Nolan can't be left out...oh the pressure...not really but I would like them to be similar--we shall see.
4. I managed to get the upstairs dusted as well...I would be much more productive with my day if baby boy would nap. Eventually my friends, eventually. For now I will enjoy his snuggly naps in my arms.
5. Last night I woke up with little feet kicking away into my side I groggily sat up to find Nolan in quite the precarious situation. One that has me thinking it may be time to either being sleeping without pillows or move the little guy to the bed beside our bed rather than in it.
6. Gavin and Zachary have performances at school tonight--Zachary is not eager and Gavin can't wait. He was in my room this morning at 6:23 dressed with his bed made and ready to go. He is the only one so far who actually has participated in his school performances. He sings loudly and proudly---we love it.
7. Jakeb plowed thru his math this past "semester" and managed to bring his grade from a B to an A. Thus having straight A's. Awesome dude he is.
8. I think I may bust out the knitting needles and/or crochet and teach myself that again--or rather remind myself. I started doing both of those a few years ago and never actually made anything but I really want to!
9. And also...the sewing machine. Mmmhmm. Going to get that off the top shelf and at least set it on the desk downstairs. I also asked for that years ago and thus far all I have managed to do with it is lose a crucial piece (and replaced it) and sew very crooked curtains.
10. Can you tell I have been on Etsy and Pinterest?
11. 2012 has been the year of facing the debt and getting it gone. Yes. We have debt.
12. We need it gone so that in 2013 we can kick things back into gear on the adoption front.
No comments:
Post a Comment