I have done a lot of thinking about my new found sense of relaxed I often feel....side note to say I am not always feeling this way but the fact that I am feeling it at all is a big deal. I suppose age is a factor, but I can't put my finger on exactly what changed in my thinking. And I realized that maybe nothing did.
A big change for us is that we have slowed down A LOT. It was happening before we moved--we weren't going every single day. We were home a lot more. Busy yes yes very busy but in a different way I guess. I was able to have time at home. And now that we are here, we are home almost all the time. Today as I was sitting by the fire folding laundry and listening to Christmas music in a quiet house, while Gavin napped. I was reflecting on the past year or so and all that has happened. How I seriously cannot believe it's December and how it really feels like it's summer still (not because of the weather cause DANG it's cold!). How us slowing down has given me time to relax and regroup and a chance to reset my brain. Being home has been wonderful for all of us. And maybe my lackadaisical house maintenance that has been going on isn't so bad afterall, because I am sure feeling pretty good lately. How maybe I will eventually maybe catch up with time, but I probably won't. But at least right now I don't feel like I am flying thru it and can't hold on--at least now I am speed walking on flat ground (have I mentioned I can seriously walk fast--no really I can walk at most peoples slow run speed--I so could be an olympic speed walker, not kidding) Anyway. Don't get me wrong there are certainly days where I feel stressed and my head momentarily starts spinning and freaking out but now, now I am able to take a breath and get it under control--most of the time. And this is such a welcoming feeling.
Now that I have posted this nice oh everyone is so caalllmmm...come sit by my fire and be calm and relaxed post. I have to giggle and must tell you that not 15 min ago I was downstairs in the toy room borderline flipping out over lost game pieces, giant dings in the walls, and little boys touching things they know they shouldn't--but also can't help themselves because, duh, they are little boys. But it was borderline flipping out...which is much calmer than the real flipping out that can occur and that my friends is all that matters...I flipped out calmly.
No comments:
Post a Comment