Wednesday, March 24, 2010
JAB
The oldest-aka Jakeb--had a birthday this past week. His 8th. 8 years ago on March 20th he popped into this world with his temporarily cone headed self. Quite the kid he is. He marches to his own little awesome beat. He's always been a wee bit different and I personally think it's fabulous. I hope one day he sees that too. He's sensitive and exceptionally compassionate. Caring and kind. Sassy and smart. At 8, he is reading well beyond his grade level and has yet to make anything less than a 100 on every single spelling test in the 2nd grade. He's apparently caught up with whatever itty bitty bit he may have lacked in his writing skills--as he consistently tells me his teacher is complimenting him on them. He continues to wake at the crack of dawn..every.single.day. Especially on weekends. He wakes up chipper and happy and silly. The rest of us do not. The night terrors he has had in the past seem to have all but disappeared. His asthma and breathing issues of past winters are completely gone. He tried out piano this past year and has moved on to guitar and seems to be excelling with it. He has so much sass and attitude recently that I am dreading him at 13...but hopeful that he will get it all out of his system before then. Though I know it's unlikely. He is still sticking with karate and says he would like to continue on and get his black belt after we move. He is still Mr. Serious and at times is quite the stick in the mud...but can get giggly for sure. He's very proud of his rock star hair. At 8 Jakeb Anthony is an amazing little boy--I love watching who he is becoming every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He sounds like an AWESOME kid! I really hope he reads what you have written about him one day!
Post a Comment