I am taking a break from packing...which by the way sucks--big time. The kids are being fabulous and staying out of the way. We close tomorrow, YIKES. We have to be out of "our house" which will no longer be "our house" by 3pm Sunday. I am not feeling too emotional about it just yet...but I am sure I will. I did when we moved from our first house 4 years ago. I surprised Robert then by crying, it was our first home. The only house Jakeb and Zachary knew...it was a hard move for them at the time. I am concerned about how this will be for all of them, especially Gavin. This house is the only house HE has known. We moved here 2 1/2 months before he was born. He has never moved, he doesn't understand the concept just yet. What makes it harder is that we will not be moving into "our new home" but instead Robert's parents house for the next 2 months. It will be ok, we will be house less for about 2 weeks...as we are set to close on the new house in Alpharetta on April 15th--provided everything goes as planned.
The house is a wreck--boxes and random things all over the place. Instead of loosing my mind like I want to I just keep reminding myself to keep moving and getting things done. It's a slow process but it's moving along. Fingers crossed I can keep my emotions in check on Sunday...I think I will be ok...I don't feel quite the attachment to this house--but I would like to take my Maple, Tulip Poplar, and Magnolia tree in the back yard. Those 3 trees were planted just a few weeks before Gavin was born. They are growing like crazy as is he and I wish I could take them with me...but they are just tree's and the new house has a yard full of them.
I asked Gavin(aka casper) the other day to make a funny face for me...the first was slightly silly...the last was hysterical....then we all joined in...



Meet the Master at the Funny Face...

I am forseeing Braces in this one's near future...big ones...


1 comment:
Love it! Gavin is SO fair skinned. SPF must be his friend. I hope your transitional move went/is going as smoothly as possible. I know that can't be easy with kids, change, etc.
Post a Comment