Over the past years of my life I never recall doing much celebrating for St. Patrick's Day...my celebrating consisted of trying to remember to toss on green and call it a day. Maybe in college some celebrating occurred but I don't remember it--which doesn't mean much, after all I was in college.
But it seems this year a great deal of celebrating has gone on--just not here. I did remember to put the boys in their best (and only) green--well Gavin stayed in pj's all day, which is what he does most days, the lazy bum. He did manage to force himself into clothes long enough to take Jakeb to guitar and he did agree to a green shirt AND he did put on green pj's for the night (the second we got home), by his choice. He's festive. But I am not kidding about him being serious about his pj's. I have read many a blog about how the leprechauns visited homes leaving things in a great deal of disarray. Green pancakes, green treats and various other celebrations have occurred. It's cute...I will step up the game next year...if I remember. Apparently leprechaun's had a wild party and ransacked Jakeb's class last night--which is incredibly cute. He was impressed. Zachary said they didn't come to his classroom which is a bummer for him. Guess they got tired. I don't blame them really visiting 45 classrooms would get exhausting.
I am very ready to be home....in our new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment