I am sure the 3 of you may be wondering where I have vanished off to...um right into the world of "OMG, what did we do".
You certainly recall the recent turmoil riddled posts of recent weeks regarding "to move or not to move". Right so the final decision was to list the house and see what happens, well a contract is what happened. ELEVEN days later. To say we are shocked is putting it mildly. I mean this is 2 for 2 of selling a house in record time. I am thinking we know some good tricks or something. HOWEVER. By selling the house in record time this means we are going to be 2 months shy of the end of the boys school year....which deems us a 2 month sleepover with the In laws. The panic over this has subsided...I *think* my OCD tendencies can handle living out of boxes for 2 months...but just in case please pray for my sanity.
So this sends us to Georgia several times in the past weeks house hunting and checking out areas. This isn't quite as straight forward as it seems...at least not for me. I am a planner...I like to know the ins and outs of things before I make a decision. I like to research, I like to KNOW. Well I don't KNOW that this is right...I don't KNOW that the town(s) we are looking at are ok. I just don't. So relaxing on this is hard for me. All 3 of my boys were born in the same hospital in Nashville as I was. Aside from a brief stint in Indiana and a brief stint in Florida both when I was a young child...TN has been my home for my entire life. Middle TN to be exact. I have lived in the same city for the past 12 years. I thought moving states was easier....apparently I a bit more emotionally stuck here than I thought. This is hard. All of that said I am trying to not freak. We narrowed it down to 2 cities...we found a house in a different one. Not cool. The house rocks, brand new everything. We put an offer thru this morning...we will see what comes of it. Upon leaving the house yesterday we drove on down the 4 miles it was to the school. Now the house we chose is addressed for a decent size city in Georgia...however it's just over the county line for where most of the city is...if that makes any sense. Basically it's about 10 min away from "town"...but not really. Anyway right so it's a bit out...so we treck over the school...which we pass. We pass the school because it's so old it almost looks like an abandoned building. I said OMG and my stomach hit the floor...Robert has about the same reaction but instead has sense enough to go into the school. While I sat in the car freaking out. He comes out grinning and says it's the cutest little school...and little it is. Their current school has 9 kindergarten classes this school has 3. There are 9 2nd grade classes this school has 2. So aside from outwardly appearances I think it's probably ok...maybe great, I don't know. Typically a smaller school is a good thing...I am banking on that being the case. It's the smallest oldest school in the county. Let's hope that my thinking a school has to be brand new and pretty to be great is just me being a snot and is wrong.
So basically it's full on freak out mode here. I have googled Target and it's location to offered on home. I have about 5 options all being about the same distance as our Targets now. Publix is right across from the school....Malls are just a brief jaunt down country roads or GA400. And lest we forget Ikea...yes this is a mere 45 min drive, and this makes it all ok. Almost.
2 comments:
Ikea makes it all better... I have to say you are handling this all VERY well, and I'm glad its you (not me) cause I would have shorted out by now. Luv u :)
jealous...about IKEA. ;)
Post a Comment