We just got back from our vacation to Charleston, SC. Charleston is quite a beautiful city, lots of history, lots of quaint little [expensive] shops and restaurants. The weather was absolutely perfect the entire week, not too cold, not too hot. We even got to don shorts a few days and hit the beach which we totally didn't expect...so that rocked in my book! My brave little ones even ventured out into the frigid ocean water a bit (sign said it was in the 60's BRRRR!) And I decided that my serious worrier Jakeb seems to be quite the beach lover, last year on vacation he loved it. Played and played and this year he did the same...this is the child who normally complains and is ready to go in any kind of cold weather but he actually got into the water! Got sandy and just loved all of it...so cool to see him that way to kinda of let loose and do his thing. Gavin wasn't a very happy camper much of the trip, I think he's spiraling into the "terrible two's"...well I really think he jumped in feet first and is staying planted where he landed. He's been a itty bitty little bear the past week or so. A cute bear but lawdy can he roar when he's mad about something! He is talking up a storm lately, attempts a word for everything and is starting to put 2 words together and even 3 every once in a while. Mr. Zachary was his usual boisterous self, he has been cracking us up because he somehow has managed to get confused on exactly what "Florida" is. He doesn't get that it's a state...he thinks "a Florida" is a hotel and has for months now. Anytime we drive past a hotel he will say "Someday..can we stay in that Florida" it's quite cute. I have tried to explain it to him so many times, shown him a map etc etc...I do think he's slowly getting it though. It's so neat seeing their little minds work! And if you think about that concept you (or at least I do) wonder how you ever grasped it or how it was explained and at what age. The concept of town/city/state/country etc. Anyway...our trip was nice. We hit up a few historical sites and did a little shopping and just browsing around the city.
Zachary and I got to meet his coach for his "baseball" that he will be starting in a couple weeks today. Our town has a "start smart" program for children Zachary's age to help teach them baseball and we picked up his "uniform" today. Zachary who is surprisingly VERY shy...hid behind me and would not say hello to his coach, he told me later it was because he didn't want his kid to see him. He's so funny about other kids. As we were leaving the park he asked if he could play on the playground for a few minutes (it's covered so it was dry) I told him sure, so my sweet little kid ran off to play but proceded to be KICKED OFF the thing by some mean little snot of a kid. Man I was ticked, seriously poor Zachary he's so gosh darn sweet and when kids do mean things to him I get that "mama bear" instinct kicking in. I did not of course but I did say something to the kid (whose mother of course was no where to be seen), poor Zachary had an instant bruise and fell from a platform about 4 ft off the ground. Darn kid! Random rant sorry but I felt so bad for Zachary :(
This is one of my first vacations to come home from that I actually felt NOT ready to come home from. We did a lot of running around and not much just relaxing, plus I knew the weather at home was cruddy and the weather in SC was so nice! I am glad to have the comforts of home but wish we could have stayed til it was warm here!
Here is my so far fav shot of all 3 rugs from the trip...I just have glanced thru them so I am sure there is more!
1 comment:
Love that pic of the boys!!!
Glad you guys had a good time
Post a Comment