Zachary has seemed MUCH better today. He has been almost his normal playful self, which is nice to see again. I talked to the neurologist this afternoon. She was very nice and made me feel better to actually TALK to her. When I called them this morning the receptionist tried to tell me that because he's not been to the office before that he was a new patient and that my pediatrician needed to call and make an appt. I had to explain to her more than once that he has been seen by neurology already at the hospital even then she was like well I am sorry, finally I had to get snippy with her and tell her he was the hospital for the whole week, they have seen him he's not a new patient. I mean seriously. Then she took a message for the doctor and said it may be a nurse to call me back and it could take 24hrs. UGh fine just as long as someone calls! Anyway the doctor called and was very helpful and gave me her email address which she says she checks all day long and that way I can be more in direct contact with her. She said the walking/leg issue could be from the prednisolone being dropped down so much or it could be the disease progressing. I feel it was more because of the steroid being reduced...which either way is concerning I guess. But he was much better today and I let her know how he was doing and she just said to keep her updated and that he may need to be seen at the office again. She also said they will be working on getting another MRI scheduled sometime in the near future to see how everything is looking. So it was good to actually talk to them again and to know I will be able to be in contact a little easier.
Ok well I wanted to update on the other two but Zachary threw the WORST fit he has ever had tonight before bed, I think the steroids are effecting him emotionally quite a bit but not sure if it was that or he was overtired or what. But either way he finally fell asleep and is now whimpering and crying again about the SAME stuff he was crying about before. So before he wakes up the whole house and has everyone freaked out and crying I need to get off here and deal with him. Thanks again for all the thoughts and well wishes for him and us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment