Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's just scary...

So Zachary is home and has been doing ok, he's having some issues with things and we expected to see more things appear after we got home but so far it's been fairly mild and mostly things he was having a hard time with before (getting himself sitting from laying down, climbing up on things etc..) Today however he has been limping around and as the day wore on he seemed to be progressively worse. After he got up from his nap though he couldn't walk at all, said it hurt and started to cry when I tried to stretch his legs out. I tried to call the neurologist number we were given but they told me there that the oncall doctors do not call patients back and if we have an emergency to take him back to the ER...which is exactly what I don't want to do and don't know if I should do hence me calling, :Ponder! So they suggested calling our Ped, which I was going to do...anyway. Called on call doctor she said that she would talk to the other doctors and called me back and recommended taking him back to the ER at Vandy. We had tickets to the Shriner's Circus for tonight and have been talking about him going all weekend (ok'd by the doctor before we got out) so I decided that before I take him BACK up there that we would go there because he was so excited about it and after the week he's had and before he gets poked and prodded again. Plus he was in a fine mood he just couldn't walk, but other than that he was happy and playful. Well he had his steroid meds at 3:30 and I gave him motrin in the car around 4:45 and by the time we got to the circus he was able to stand on his legs and hobble around a little. So we get home and he's in a great mood and is walking around about how he was earlier today. We decided to wait and see how he is in the morning and I called the oncall dr to let her know and she recommended still taking him because maybe his dosage needs to be upped or something with the steroids, we debated and debated and have decided that IF I bring him now it would be 11pm before we got there and probably 3-4in the morning before we got home. We tried calling the nurses at Vandy and they couldn't give us any info, it's so frustrating. While we were at the hospital they told us SEVERAL times that he may get worse before he gets better so we don't know if this is just that or something he should be seen for..and part of me wants to just take him in and the other part says to just wait and see. I REALLY hate for him to have to go thru so much again. We have decided to just wait and wake him up in a few hours to see how he is and give him some more motrin. I will call neurology first thing in the morning, this is just so scary and I am worrrying so much I feel sick. Even taking him in will not make me feel better because other than giving him more steroids there is not a thing they can do to make it stop....what if his immune system is STILL attacking his spinal cord, there is nothing they can do to stop it. It just sucks all of it.:\
Please pray that this stops and he doesn't continue to get worse and that the leg problems earlier today were just a fluke.

1 comment:

McAngie said...

I hope he gets better soon Rachel!! He is definately in our prayers!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed