Wednesday marked the first day back to school for 5 of the kiddos....the 2018/2019 school year is off and running. We have 2 in high school, 1 in middle, and 2 in elementary. Anna will start a little MDO type program at the end of the month....I am excited for her, she will love it once she gets over the initial "shock" of it all! And she may surprise me and do just fine...I was certain Nolan was going to struggle when he started and he didn't shed a tear.
It's currently nap time around here and I am at my desk....avoiding cleaning it and enjoying the peace and quiet. It's been raining for a few days now and the sun is slowly starting to peek back out. I am day dreaming the day when we can do all the things we have been need/wanting to do to the house...all the houses. Our first house we had all the grandiose plans and instead just threw in the towel and moved...the 2nd house was new and I don't suppose we had too many ideas that we would have ever finished instead we (read *I*) rearranged bedrooms every few months and called it a day. Basically much of the same here...it's rotating bedrooms around here trying to find the best configuration, the best use of space....we are at a good spot now...I THINK. But as with any house after 8 years of living here and nearly 30 years of being built it needs a fair amount of TLC that a coat of paint won't help. We are able to DIY a good portion but are about at our limit with it. And my antsy self is tapping my foot and trying to not look at it...afterall money does not grow on trees and with 6 kiddos and one income it's a little trickier to come by the extra needed. So patience is a virtue I am trying to snag....sigh. Patience. Always patience.
Speaking of antsy...after 16+ years of being a stay at home mom...home maker...I am exactly that ANTSY. I am over the laundry folding, dusting, butt wiping, snot cleaning, food making, toilet cleaning, organizing, picker upping...all the live long day. Now I certainly know that that's the territory with being a parent...home or not home. But certainly is less of it when one is not home all day every day. So while I have a few more years before this youngest little person is off to school full time...my mind is spinning and pondering out ideas with what I plan to do with myself...I wouldn't trade these last two years with her...I have really been grateful and thankful to have been able to spend the time home with them. It is truly what I wanted to do...be with them, have fun with them. I certainly had and have other aspirations with my life other than "just being a mom" but top up on that list was exactly that. One day I sure hope these little boogers appreciate it all...right now not so much but maybe eventually. As my brain melts away and turns to mush...I spend half my days wandering around trying to figure out what to do with myself, knowing I can't really start too many or too much of a project because..Kids. I keep my nephews during the week so my flexibility right now is greatly limited...also damnit I don't want to clean shit all darn day either. LAME. Our washing machine is on it's last leg for some reason so the highlight of my day is when it completes a load without a snag. Party time people...party time. But the sun is shining and so are these little people.
My 20 year high school reunion is tonight, something I will NOT be attending. I don't have overly fond memories of high school...I don't know why really...but other than a small handful of folks I am pretty good to just not. I was just there...another face in the crowd, I had a small group of friends and a few I was closer with as the years went but none I have stayed in touch really other than social media...but does that really count? I was a good girl and then for a hot minute or 4 I wasn't...graduated hung over as shit and blah is how it ended. Truth be told it makes me sad...I remember people and events but then many are just faces and I am scratching my head wondering how I can't remember names and places and events. High school is a funny time...and I was just....there. I hope my kids have fonder memories and happier times...I try not to be too crotchety about it to them, high school for some is the best but no not this girl. So I am good...to stay right here. I like here much better.
Also holy shit...20 years...and yet I still feel like this is all make believe and I am really just a 16 year old kid. Life goes...life just goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment