Monday, August 18, 2014

Will and a way?

I am really really wanting to start posting on here regularly again.  I think it's helpful and somewhat cathartic---granted I rarely write about much that is more than what our days consist of but it is still nice to sit and think back on the day or week or even month.   It helps slow time just a tad.
Since I last wrote we have upped our numbers and are now sitting at an even 6 kiddos.  Two girls and 4 boys....ages 12, 10, 8, 4, 3, 2.   We are busy and they are loud.   Typically noise doesn't bother me too bad,  I can goes days without having to fuss at someone for being too loud but lately that's not happening.   The 3 little ones get running and squealing and screaming and lordy lordy my patience for loud is gone.  That said they are good...really good kiddos.  We rarely have issues and rarely have prolonged fits or screaming and crying--especially for reasons that aren't warranted.   They play fantastically well together and for the most part listen pretty darn well.  When we sit back and look at them and the day we know that these little girls couldn't get much easier especially all things considered with their little worlds.  
Miss T goes to school very early at o'dark thirty Mon-Fri and gets home at the same time Gavin and Zachary do.   So Mon-Fri from about 8-2:30 it's just Nolan and GG (Reminder..we can't name the kiddo's online...so you just have to guess) and that is a nice little break.
We spend most days at home but I am trying to be better about venturing out...I am not sure why the task of leaving with the little ones has seemed so daunting--I mean other than the obvious of taking out multiple little people.  If we recall back 8 or so years ago I had 3 little ones...4, 2, and infant and was quite busy out and about with them nearly daily.   I am having to remind myself that I managed with them and to get some pep in my step with all the home body-ness.   Baby steps :)
The kids have now been back to school for 2 full weeks and all seems to be going well.  Jakeb is in 7th (WHAT?!)  Zachary in 5th (again what?!) and Gavin in 3rd (cray cray!)  They all do very well in school and seem to keep up with their responsibilities on their own quite well--very happy and proud of them for that.   We did have a cold try to roll thru last week and maybe it was mild enough that they kicked it out on their own OR maybe the new essential oils that we have been using helped give it an extra kick out the door.   Jakeb's tend to linger a little longer but we threw together a little concoction and within a few days it was better And didn't get worse like it normally does!    The only one who has gotten worse is Miss T---I didn't put the oils on her as diligently because she just didn't complain as much and now she is much more congested and coughing than they ever were.   Coincidence?  Maybe...maybe not!  We have tried them for a few other things and I really do think they help!   So I am jumping on the essential oil fad/train and saying YES...go for it.  I am so not one to hop on a band wagon but this one is a good one.
Zachary and Gavin are signed up and ready for baseball to get started again and Jakeb just started back with swim after a few weeks of break.  So back into routines we go...they are all still doing piano and Zachary has decided to drop Scouts from his activities--he just had a hard time staying motivated for it.  So while I would love for him to continue if he isn't wanting to we just can't force it and honestly one less thing off our plate both financially and time wise is just fine.
Still can't believe summer is over...it always goes by so very quickly.  I feel like we had a decent one...nothing exciting but lots of playing and just hanging out at home.  We hit up a few movies and a few fun things but for the most part we spent our days here at home and with trips to the pool.  It was good.
Alrighty well hopefully I will check back in sooner rather than later...afterall tomorrow is Tuesday and that "12 on Tuesday" isn't all that challenging.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed