I am still here. Busy with fall sessions and running around with the kiddo's. None of which we are completely used to--me being busy with work AND with the kids-- so I am worn out in the evenings and not up for much nonsensical chatter on the ole blog. The last several weekends have been a whirlwind of running all over and sessions. We had a boy scout camping trip last Friday, we had a good time but it was c-o-l-d! Next camping trip we are doing in the summer...brrr! Gavin, my mom, brother Michael, and I then headed to Birmingham to visit my brother Robert for his birthday last Saturday as well. This past weekend was sessions and family time smashed in between. So glad to see things picking up with photography. It's nice to see it "taking off" finally. Being that I rely solely on word of mouth it's a slower start, but I prefer it this way. I would have been lost a year ago if things took off super fast.
As I have previously said my grandfather, Pappy, was diagnosed with bladder cancer a few weeks ago. He has chosen to skip any sort of treatments--not that there were really many options for it, as they have said he most likely would not survive chemo. I really am not sure the time frame we are looking at but I would say under a year. The drs. said they can't give much of a time frame either could be "2 months, could be 2 years". So that's upsetting. The past nearly 2 years have been hard on him, my grandmother is gone and he spends a good deal of his day alone at home. He can't get out of the bed any longer (he's a paraplegic--has been for 50+ years) so he spends his days watching TV at home alone. I hate it for him, we visit as much as we can. But since my grandmother passed away he's not the same. He doesn't talk much and it's hard for me to chit chat with him. He enjoy's seeing the boys and I know he enjoys that I come out there for sessions with people. I do spend most Friday nights with him so that's a nice time for us to visit. Some prayers for him would be appreciated. He doesn't need to suffer and be in pain but I also don't want him home alone when the time comes either. It's a lot to think about for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment