The kiddo's are out of school for the rest of the week, Zachary had a Thanksgiving meal for families to come to today at his school and they dismissed the kids after that so I let Jakeb have a special treat and have a half day. He thought that was great! We had a busy day though and I am worn out! I took Zachary to school, then Gavin and I hit up Publix for some groceries, then home to unload them and chill for an hour, then off to eat T-day meal with Zachary (which was pretty yummy!), then headed to get Jakeb (and Alex). It was GORGEOUS here today so I took the kids to the park for a bit, then home for a nap for Gavin, then because it was nice and may not be again for a while, I grabbed there clothes for Xmas card pics and we went to Canonsburg (I local historical site) and tried to snap some pics...didn't go so well but I may have a decent shot or two (of the 120+!) . Then my dad came over for dinner, LONG day! So now that you have the entire run down of my day....LOL.
I need to figure out how people manage to get their kids to just magically "pose" for the camera, mine just don't--much less look! Of course it's usually only one kid in the pic and that almost always is doable, but start adding more and it gets complicated!
I have decided that I need to get on the ball with my photography and quit dragging my feet about it, give it an honest effort....eventually LOL...no seriously I keep talking about it and then do nothing, so after graduation that is my plan. We'll see.
I don't believe I have posted yet about my grandmother....we found out last week that her cancer is back. I guess actually it's not the same type of cancer so not sure if it's back or if she just has it again, either way she has Small Cell Carcinoma which from what I have read isn't the best kind (like there is a good kind). We still don't really know any other details as far as prognosis or treatments. They cannot do surgery because of her health and they did a scan today to see if she is a candidate for Radiation along with the chemo. She has lost a great deal of weight so I am nervous about the chemo and all of it. Granted she's 71 but being that we have lived relatively close to them nearly my entire life it's hard to imagine her NOT here. It's hard realizing that she may not be here much longer and just thinking about that is upsetting of course. I am, for now, trying not to think that way until we know what the complete diagnosis is and hopefully we will find out more tomorrow after the results of the scan she had done today are read. My dad was here tonight discussing what to do if/when something happens to her. My grandfather (Pappy) is a parapalegic and she has been his primary caregiver for many, many years. They do have nurses that come 3 times a week but he no longer is able to get out of the bed and in his wheelchair so he has no way of getting around to take care of things that he may need. Because of that he nearly needs 24 hour care, my dad is of course worrying about all of this quite a bit, but for me I am not in on the decision making of that so I don't have too much to offer at this point. And knowing my grandparents it is probably covered but he (my dad) doesn't seem to think so...guess I need to do some digging on that topic, joy! And a fun one at that. I would really appreciate any prayers tossed our way for my grandmother and family in general. Hopefully I will have more details tomorrow.
Well I guess I am rambling...more than usual...I am beat so I am going to head to dreamland!
I will post a few pics from the kids "photo shoot" soon :)
1 comment:
There is a trick to getting multiple kids to pose and smile for the camera, I call it bribery! :) Cookies work great!
Thoughts and Prayers for your grandmother.
Post a Comment