Saturday, November 3, 2007

Steroids SUCK

Just thought I would let you know that...yes they really stink! Zachary has been such a rotten little stinker, and having patience and understanding is proving to be more difficult as the time goes on. He is in his bed right now saying "nooouh, noooo-uh....nooooooo-uh" in this whiney nasaly voice because well...actually he started out saying "yeessss-uh, yessss, yesssss" because he wanted Daddy to lay down and sleep with him, now it's "nooo-uh" because he was told to stop saying "yessss-uh". I imagine he will fall asleep saying it and there is a good chance that he will wake up saying it like he did earlier this week at nap time. I feel like we have all been walking on egg shells trying not to set him off and I am attributing nearly all of this behavior stuff to the meds because while he could definitely be a stinker before not NEARLY to this magnitude and until he's off the meds I don't want to crack down on it just yet. At least he's not screaming and kicking the walls like he did during a previous stand down we had a week or so ago, that one was AWFUL. I have very little patience for that kind of behavior normally so this has been a challenge and so far I/we are holding up ok. I am just kind of letting him have his fit for now because interveneing too soon seems to set him off even more. And now I think he's snoozing haven't hear "noooo-uh" in a few seconds LOL.

Trick or Treating was a great time. Our neighborhood really does ROCK for holidays esp Trick or Treating, I never went much as a child so I always enjoy taking the boys and of course they love it also. Gavin was so cute this year and was very eager to walk up to every house with his little bag and would say "daydoo" (thank you) to everyone after they gave him candy. We met up with Brian and Hope and their boys and the kids had a great time. Evan and Gavin definitely won for the cute factor IMO of course Jakeb, Alex, and Zachary were cute but not the same cute as the little guys. Zachary wasn't quite as eager to walk around but he definetly had a good time once he warmed up to the idea of it all, and he was VERY excited to go. We went for a little over an hour so we got a good bit of candy and the kids were totally worn out. So onto Thanksgiving...which for me personally is just another one to tackle before hitting Christmas! I am not a big Thanksgiving girl, don't care too much for Turkey nor the hassle and headache involved of trying to work out how to concor making everyone happy by being at their house for T-day when really I would rather stay home and eat Pizza and watch movies! Don't get me wrong I LOVE seeing my family esp the ones we don't see very often but sometimes it can get a little chaotic...as I am sure it does at every Thanksgiving for most families. We do manage to have a good time and leave happy. And we never have the dreaded "family drama" so I am definitely thankful for that!
I met my mom today in Gallatin to do my photog assignment for this next week, we had a nice time. Just wandered around the square looking at the old buildings, most of which are closed or empty. My assignment is structures so it was a nice spot to look at various buildings and old structures. And of course it was nice to get out and visit with my mom sans kiddos! AND nice meeting Robert for dinner and hearing all three boys yell MOMMMYYY!!! when they saw me, that is always nice :)
Now tomorrow I get to go develop and again hang out by myself, this time in the nice quiet darkroom..well slightly lit with orange light. I hope one day I can have my very own darkroom, it is my "dream hobby".
Alrighty that's my update for the weekend. Have a good one!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed