Here's the thing....we knew this would be an adventure and what not but holy head spinner. I don't know if there is a time of year that is better to take 2 extra little ones into an already busy house but I would wager a guess that 5 days before a Christmas you aren't ready for as is isn't the best time. But here we sit 3 weeks into the new year and I am wondering how we got here. It's worked out and we are basically no worse for the wear...learning things about ourselves and yet feeling so much stronger as a marital/parental team. Wasn't expecting that but how about that...I will certainly take it.
The boys are taking this all in stride....2 little ones trashing your stuff isn't awesome. But they are helping and we are trying to keep them out of their spaces and things. I think we are all feeling a little shell shocked but are slowly coming back to.
Having said all that...we are so GLAD to be at this point finally. Foster parents....we have 2 foster sons. And wow that's weird to say. I like taking all 6 of these boys out and watching people A) count them and B) try to figure out the math and of course how it works because they don't exactly "match" The baby is the easiest baby I have ever met....I mean sleeps all night and takes long naps and is the smiliest little one. 2 year old....adorable...but BUSY. Like Nolan busy...but louder and bigger and even busier.
Despite my complaining and woe is me and sounding a little bit like I am questioning our decision and people asking if we will do this again...the answer is yes for sure. I know and knew lt would be challlenging especially at first...granted you really just don't know HOW challenging until it's there. But it's good challenging...most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment