Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Countdown...

We are in the final 5...4..days of school and I am seriously not believing how quickly this past year has gone!   (Side bar:  There are 2 babies sleeping in this house right now and the neighbors dog is yelping like no other and I may lose my mind....)   I will have a 2nd, 4th, and 6th grader very soon and that is amazing and baffling and I would say sad {that they are getting older}...but it's not.   I am proud of them and so happy to see them growing up and doing so well.   The idea of them not getting older is preposterous and while I certainly love my babies and from time to time DO miss little baby Jakeb, Zachary, and Gavin...I also love watching them grow and learn and change.  I don't tend to get caught up in the sentiments of not wanting them to get older...I really enjoy each stage and age.  Of course this is not assuming that other parents do not, I just don't get all weepy about it.  Granted I don't get all weepy about much.   (Oh.my.goodness.  Barking dogs are the worst)  I love looking back at their pictures and reminiscing about this or that and certainly miss their little toddler voices and toddler curiosity because while toddler hood is quite trying it is also my favorite (really they are all my favorite...).    They are learning and discovering so very much and as Nolan is stepping in to full fledge toddler hood I am remembering all the reasons why I say it's my favorite.  The curious glances, the hesitant pause right before they try something new. The new words.  This morning he said flower (fower) and yogurt (gogo)  and yesterday he said Ellie (eddyeee) and Glasses (gackes) and bottle (bobble) and every day lately it's so many new words that we are losing count.   Watching the kids grow and learn and discover is just really my favorite no matter what age.  And as the school year is coming to and end and we are passing over into new ages and stages I just can't help but be proud of them and the people they are and are becoming.  And also a doing a little {big} happy dance because I can slide the little button on my phone that says "alarm: 6:01 am" over to OFF.    And I can pretend we will have fun days of lounging by the pool and relaxing in the house watching TV or reading or playing happily together...taking happy hand holding walks at the park or trips to the zoo where we marvel at every animal....Hahahaha...one can dream.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed