Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Trying it out

I have seen several family blogs floating around and I find them quite interesting and have been toying with the idea of this and finally decided to give it a shot! Just a spot for me/us to update what's going on with us/the kids/the family, our lives overall. It's a nice way for everyone to stay updated, I hope!

So here we go...today is Wednesday-- middle of the week, the boys are napping and I am trying to unwind for a bit. We haven't done too much today really I thought it would be nice to let them paint for a little while and let Gavin has his first artistic experience with painting. His mouth ended up a nice shade of yellow because he thought he first needed to taste the paint on the brush and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Jakeb and Zachary love painting and finally are at an age where they can paint without making a huge mess, thank goodness! So they had a good time doing that and I have yet to finish cleaning up the mess...which is what I should be doing.
Robert is in Columbus, Georgia this week and will be home next week doing a remote training and then off the next. We leave for Florida Tuesday evening woohoo!! My dad is coming down with us for a few days and treating us to a day or two at Disney, which in July will be very hot but it will be fun anyway! We are all very very excited! It will be nice to hit up the beach and just relax away from home.
My friend, Jennifer, from college was in town for the afternoon yesterday and we hung out with her. It was so nice to visit with her and the boys just thought she was sooo cool! I miss my friends from school, I love that we have all been so good about keeping in touch with each other. Of course we could do better but I could not talk to them for a year and still call any one of them up and pick up right where we left off. So it was nice to see her and visit and catch up. I am the only one with multiple children, which is always a little odd I think!
So hmm let's see some other recent tidbits to share. Gavin is walking and is very proud of himself as are all of us! Zachary had his tonsils out 2 1/2 weeks ago and was a trooper, he's doing very well now and totally back to normal. Jakeb is now 5 1/2 and is starting kindergarden this fall, which he is VERY excited about! Me...not much going on with me really, I start my last semester of school on the 28th of August, which I am VERY excited about. Have been trying to get a little more into my photography but it seems everyone is wanting to do the same which deters me a bit. But I'll figure out my niche one of these days :)

Alrighty I guess I will quit slacking and get to picking up! We'll see how this does, I probably won't update everyday but here and there is good!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed